There are lots of ways to ball your pizza dough, but here are the steps that we recommend:
|Pre-dough balling checklist|
When you’ve completed the above, move onto the steps below:
Step 1. Put a light dusting of flour or semolina onto your peel / surface
Step 2. Divide your dough into equal portions
- Use the Ooni Pizza Bench Scraper and Ooni Dual Platform Digital Scales.
- For larger pizzas: divide into 3 x 330g portions.
- For smaller pizzas: divide into 4 x 250g portions.
Step 3. Move and tuck:
Step 4. Pinch and spin:
Step 5. Let rise
- Use the Ooni Pizza Dough Proofing Tray (or cover your dough balls using cling film, a damp tea towel or a lid if you’re using a proofing box).
- Let rise for 30 - 60 minutes or until approximately doubled.
If you’d prefer to follow along to these steps by video, watch our guide below: