To use your Ooni Infrared Thermometer, follow the steps below:
Step 1. Insert the batteries
- Place your finger on the groove in line with the trigger.
- Pull the section forward - this may take some force.
- Insert two AAA batteries.
- Close the section until it ‘clicks’ back into place.
Step 2. Ensure the lens is clear from any dust or debris
- If there is any debris, gently blow away or wipe down with a moist cotton cloth.
Step 3. Hold your infrared thermometer 6 inches / 15 centimeters away from the mouth of your oven
- If you are too far away, the reading will not be accurate.
Step 4. Press and hold the trigger to take a reading of the center of your baking stone
Step 5. Release the trigger
Step 6. When your infrared thermometer reads your desired temperature, launch your pizza
- The latest reading will remain on screen for 20 seconds before automatically turning off.
- For a classic Neapolitan-style pizza, your thermometer should read 750ºF / 400ºC or higher.
Note: You can set your preferred unit of measurement and choose whether you want the laser to be visible or not by pressing the buttons underneath the screen:
1. Change unit of measurement to ºC
2. Toggle laser off and on
3. Change unit of measurement to ºF
You can learn more about your Ooni Infrared Thermometer in the Essentials Guide.