Friday 16th of April update:
Unfortunately, as yet, the Ever Given remains at anchor in the Suez Canal, and has not yet moved.
The press is currently reporting that a legal dispute has arisen between the various parties involved (including the ship’s owner, the ship’s charterer, the insurers and the Suez Canal Authority in Egypt) as a result of the Ever Given’s grounding in the Suez Canal - and the resultant delays and costs incurred in order to free the vessel. It appears that the vessel is not going to be permitted to leave until this matter is resolved.
At the moment, we are still waiting to hear further information as to what happens next and when, including, most importantly, if and when the ship is likely to be able to move and deliver your Ooni.
We are optimistic that this will be settled quickly, and the ship will be able to resume its sailing, but unfortunately we have no information over and above that which is in the public domain at the moment, so timescales remain inherently unclear. We will, of course, continue to keep you updated on any developments as and when we get them, and hopefully will be able to give you a more definitive ETA of your order shortly.
Thank you again for your patience - you can always reach our team at support.ooni.com
Thursday 8th of April update:
There are significant global shipping delays due to the Ever Given ship being stuck in the Suez Canal. We're sorry to say that there are Ooni Pro 16 ovens onboard and this has had a knock on effect for Ooni Pro UK orders.
What we know now:
All cargo is safe and secure onboard, including Ooni Pro 16 ovens. Greg Muir, Chief of Operations at Ooni, covered this on the news.
We are in communication with our shipping partners and are waiting to find out if the boat can, and will, continue, and what the increased congestion and delays at the ports will mean for delivery timelines.
What is next?
There are three potential outcomes we can foresee:
1. The boat is cleared to carry on, and proceeds to the ports and unloads its cargo, including your Ooni.
2. The boat is unable to continue, and requires to be unloaded. This would mean we will need to find onward transfer of our containers to another ship, to get them to you. This would add more time to the process.
3. Some sort of legal dispute emerges impacting the ship, that could cause further unknown delays.
What this means for you:
Unfortunately, there is going to be an unavoidable delay of some weeks to delivery of your order. We really can’t give you a clear ETA at this point, as we are waiting for more information and the situation to develop.
We will always ship orders first in, first out - you will not lose your place in line for Ooni Pro 16.
As soon as we get any indication of what is happening with the ship and the precious cargo aboard, and hopefully an estimated ETA in to the port, we will let you know via email. We will always keep you posted as soon as we have further detail.
What you can do if you this doesn’t fit in with your pizza-making plans:
Of course we hope you can hang on for your order to arrive, but if not please reach our team via support.ooni.com and we can arrange an order cancellation and full refund.
Thank you so much for your patience during this time - we will be in touch as soon as we know more.